1. Information Gathering /
Information gathering is the process to get maximum details of target host. It is a very important
part of remote hacking because the more information about target system we have, more the number of
attacks we can launch.
Information gathering is done with these steps:
- Find our company URL / IP address
- Google for more information from different websites
- Footprinting Through Job Sites
- Find out who is a record of the target domain name (open www.who.is )
- Find out the physical location of the victim (open www.whatismyipaddress.com)
You are working in your company as a hacker, and your company wants the physical address, IP address, employee record and domain details. Your company gives u domain name: www.kulhari.net, what should you do?
- open Dos prompt and type ping kulhari.net [Enter] after that you will get the IP address of the victim.
- open google.com and search kulhari.net (and browse the website for all pieces of information like contact
number, employee records, and their services)
- for domain owner email address and hosting company details, open: www.who.is
And type www.kulhari.net (any target site).
- for the physical location of the server, open www.whatismyipaddress.com and type
IPaddress that you get in step 1. and trace it after that.